PROJECT MANAGEMENT IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT
Crandale has secured a support and implementation contract with an existing client. Our client requires an audit of the existing project management processes being utilised, and to identify where improvements can be made. These improvements will be implemented through development of improved project management procedures, development of project management tools and onsite training.
The aim is to develop a company specific framework covering the wide variety of disciplines and activities required within a project. To focus on what each project is to achieve (the why, when and for whom) and provide:
- A common, consistent approach
- A controlled and organised start, middle and end
- Regular reviews of progress against plan and against the Business case flexible decision points
- Assurance that the project continues to have a business justification
- Flexible decision points
- Management control of any deviations from the plan
- The involvement of management and stakeholders at the right time and place during the project
- Good communication channels between the project, project management, and the rest of the organisation
- A means of capturing and sharing lessons learnt
This implementation and support will provide benefits to the managers and directors of projects and to the organisation, via controllable use of resources and the ability to manage business and project risk more effectively.
Our client wishes key project members additionally will gain PRINCE2 Project Management qualifications to formally recognise the on-the-job training provided.